BE A DESIGN LAB USER
The Design Lab program at Engine provides the community affordable access to tools and resources for education, innovation, and professional development. Our Design Lab supports design, hands-on projects, arts and digital fabrication. Design Lab Users have access to the Maine Fab Lab, which houses the digital fabrication (cnc) equipment, and the Media Lab, which contain state-of-the-art iMac computers running professional design software.
We offer individual user levels on a half day, day, monthly, and annual level and institutional/corporate levels on a monthly and annual level. Just click on the link below to see which level fits for you.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
The Lab has something for just about everyone, and anyone is welcome to become a user. Here are some of the types of people who use of the Design Lab.
- designers (graphic, industrial, video, audio, etc.)
- artists and crafts people
- makers of all things
- community members
Sunday - Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Friday: 1pm - 6pm // Thursday 3-6pm is not available until June 2015.
Saturday: 11am - 4pm
We recommend you schedule a visit ahead of time if you are interested seeing our facility. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students (K-12): Free to use our lab. Prototyping charges still apply.
- Pay-as-you-go-Individual-User: $10 per day (4 hours) or $5 per half day (2 hours). Payable on-site with cash or credit/debit card.
- Monthly Individual User: $20/month*
- Annual Individual User: $200/year ($40 savings, 2 months free)
- Monthly Institutional or Corporate User: $50/month* per student*
- Annual Institutional or Corporate User: $500/annually per student ($100 savings, 2 months free)
*We will set up recurring billing via PayPal for monthly or annual users.
Once you are approved as a Design Lab User by completing the orientation and training, we ask that you reserve time with staff to make sure there is no class or workshop utilizing the equipment.
EQUIPMENT & AMENITIES[ FABLAB ]
3D Printers: Two MakerGears and two MakerBot Replicator 2
Woodshop (located at the high school)[ MEDIA LAB]
iMac Computer Lab
model: 21.5 in, late 2013
processor: 2.9 GHZ Intel Core i5
video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB
[ media lab ] Adobe Creative Cloud (value: $49.99 /month)
[ amenities ] WiFi